Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Keeping Calm

     Okay, so the past month has been nearly entirely life changing. I've gotten a job, a boyfriend, and pretty much a completely new personality. Everything is a blizzard of newness to me. I wake up early to go to work, then I come home, then I head back out to hang with the greatest guy ever. :) It's fantastic no doubt, but I still have yet to catch up with myself, so to speak.
     I've heard several people say that you only know the true identity of a person in the seconds before they die, or when they're very afraid or their put in a life altering position (taking a bullet for someone, etc.), but how do you figure out who you really are? Am I supposed to go on a 'journey' into the unknown with nothing but a backpack full of rice (Into the Wild), and live in an abandoned bus to figure out who I really am?
     When all of this newness fades into the norm, who am I going to be?
      I never really thought about 'finding out the real me' because that whole thing has been waaaay overdone. Nowadays you hear about people going on their Bohemian adventures and becoming one with the earth and all that ridiculous stuff.
      It's not when they're on their adventure that they find out who they really are, it's when that adventure ends. It's our day-to-day lives and actions that define us. That's all people really see anyway.
     So yeah, that's my current 'struggle'. Who am I, and what am I becoming? The only thing I can really do about it is Keep Calm and wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment