Monday, June 15, 2015

What I Look For In A Guy (Yup, I'm Going There)

     Okay, so up until the past year, I never really thought I had a type. I always thought, ' well, I like who I like', and basically just said that I just like guys that are cool and fun to be around. I still do, but I've discovered that there's much more I look for in a guy than I originally thought. Here are those things:
1. A Personality. Growing up, my dad always said to me, "first work on your insides, then your outsides". I like it when a guy actually has a personality. That means he doesn't conform to everything I like. He has his own opinions, but he's still fun to be around.
2. A Backbone. He has to have his own ground rules. For example, no sex before marriage is number one on my list (I look for that in a guy as well by the way). He should stick to his morals, and that's just that. Besides, if a girl can make a guy bend over backwards and not fight for what he believes in, then would he ever fight for me?
3. A Phone-Up Phone-Down Type. Okay, I know this sounds weird. I call this the phone up phone down concept. Basically, if you're dating someone and they always have their phone screen facing downward, it usually means that they're hiding something. (Okay, that's not entirely true, they may just not like the glare from their screen, but be sure you know the difference.) I want a guy that's honest, and isn't hesitant to tell me when something questionable happens. I'd do the same for him. In other words, keep your phone up :) don't hide anything, it'll just make things worse.
4.  Fight with me. This might sound weird, but in a relationship, fighting is always important. It shows that you have morals that you stick to. If I break those rules, tell me. If you fight with me, it shows that you actually care about us as a couple. It shows me that you want things to be made right. Fighting is a part of a relationship, and I want to know that you care. Raise your voice at me.
5. Don't take everything so seriously. I'm a prankster, and truth be told, I almost never act my age. Yeah, I know how to be mature, but honestly, being uptight makes life so bland. Yeah, have a job, know how to take care of yourself, but never forget to have fun.
6. Spontaneity. Prank me. Scare me. Make me laugh. Nerf gun wars and balloon fights when I least expect it. I'm gonna do it to you. When we're on the road, turn the car around and go to a random place. I know that sounds weird, but it's something I really like.
7. Just one suit. I typically like guys that are relaxed dressers. Simple jeans or shorts and a t-shirt or whatever. I'm not picky. But here's what I do like: a suit. Just one. It has to be fitted right, though. Not too baggy, not too tight. It shows that you have a classy side, and every girls finds that attractive, whether she admits it or not.
8. Be a man. I know feminism seems to be all the rage, with the man- hating I- can-do-whatever-I-want-I-don't-need-a-man attitude, but I'm honestly not at all like that. Yeah, I have a sense of independence, but I know I will eventually need someone. I want someone tough in the sense that he knows how to take charge, without being a total jerk. Someone that I know can take care of me and make me feel safe. Not trying to sound weak, but that's something every girl wants in one way or another.
9. Hug me. Yeah, it sounds stupid and girly, but it's nice to be hugged. It simply shows a girl how much you're there for her.
10. Say my name. Okay, this has a bit of psychology to it. If you like a girl and you're talking or texting with her, say her name. It shows that you're focused on the conversation, and that will make her feel very special. Trust me, I know it sounds weird, but I can attest to it working.
11. Loving. I'm not the type of girl who's into things like romantic dinners and slow dances honestly. Ideally, I'd like a first date to be something fun. Anyway, it's the little things that show a girl how much you love them. Yes, a grand gesture on occasion is always good, but they're nearly meaningless when you don't act like you love them day to day. Notes, winks, a simple hand on the shoulder will do the trick. And if you're a hopeless romantic: go nuts!
12. Mindful. I know it's always hard and sometimes annoying to text people, so when you're busy or just plain tired, let her know. Don't ignore her, because girls always have and always will over think things. She'll probably go through an entire argument in her head before you have had time to text her back. It'll probably prevent many fights or silent treatments. Trust me.

Anyway, I hope at least some of this was helpful. I actually enjoyed writing it very much! I plan to post sometime soon something I like to call *drumroll* Understanding Women Part 1 of 1,000. Peace out! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment